The summer solstice has been celebrate for centuries, with all sorts of traditions growing up around it. According to Wikipedia, in the Northern Hemisphere the summer solstice is celebrate on the 21st of June, while in the Southern Hemisphere it’s usually celebrated on the 21st of December.
We are quickly approaching the start of summer which can mean lots of time outdoors, planning event sand time with others or time alone. I look at this time as a way to get out and discover new things or places. Give thanks to the light that guides our days, both early morning and late evening. We live in amazing places, so why not take an adventure and get to know your surroundings in a whole new light? To make the most of the summer solstice, find balance by:
- Try just a simple 3-5 minute meditation/day. My personal favorite is Insight Timer.
- Yoga is a simple way to calm your nervous system, energize your body and maybe even get outside! Check your local MeetUp or studios to see about outdoor Yoga classes.
- Gratitude Journal
- Just 5 minutes a day of gratitude journaling can shift your mindset, and open you up to more positive vibes. Give it a try!
- Get outside and get your hands in the earth! Plus, it’s a great way to revitalize yourself. Just be sure to properly cover up with sunscreen, a sun hat & hydrate!
- This is when we have direct, physical contact with the earth. Think about walking barefoot outside, or sitting, working or sleeping outdoors. The benefits include better sleep, reduced pain, and is the go-to for jet jetlag!
There are so many opportunities to enjoy, and amazing outdoor activities to get some additional Vitamin C. Enjoy!