Just because you might be planning a BBQ and other shenanigans this Fourth of July holiday doesn’t mean that you can’t get a great workout in.
In fact, we have a Fourth of July-inspired workout just for you!
Go solo or pull in your friends and family to break a sweat with you!
To warm up, let’s celebrate 2021, a year full of change as we’re beginning to come out of this pandemic! Do the following four exercises as many rounds as you can for 5 minutes. Remember to start slow and then increase intensity as you get warmer:
- 20 Skaters (1=1)
- 21 Squat Pulses
- 20 Push-Ups (elevated or not!)
- 21 Squat Jacks
For Round 1, we’re spelling it out! A-M-E-R-I-C-A, that is! Do each of the following exercises for 90 seconds each, with 45 seconds of Jump Rope in between. (Jump Rope can also be Air Rope if you don’t have a rope or Calf Pumpers if impact doesn’t work for you right now.)
- A = Alternating Lunges (any style!)
- M = Mountain Climbers (in Plank or standing!)
- E = Elbow Plank (hold a Front Plank on your forearms and choose whether to be on your knees or toes)
- R = Reverse Crunches
- I = Inchworms
- C = Crazy Jacks
- A = Alternating Front Punches (really punch like you mean it!)
The Declaration of Independence was ratified by the Continental Congress in 1776, so we’re getting historical for Round 2 by doing 76 reps of three exercises that spell U-S-A. Break up the reps however you like, but complete them all before moving on to the next round:
- U = 76 Upright Rows (any weight or weighted object will do!)
- S = 76 Squat Jumps (Squat to Toes also an option)
- A = 76 Ankle Reaches (2=1)
For our final round, we’re celebrating with fireworks! Our Fireworks Ladder consists of two exercises, 1 rep of each, then 2 reps of each, then 3, 4 and so on. Perform this final round for at least 8 minutes, or you can set a goal for how many reps you want to build up to (and don’t worry about the time)!
- Squat Thrusts or Squat Thrust Lite (you choose whether you want to do a Push-Up while in Plank at the bottom or
- Star Jack
That’s it! Once complete, make sure to cool down and stretch for at least a few minutes. Then pat yourself on the back for slaying this challenging Fourth of July workout! You’re amazing.
XOXO, Coach Caren,
Owner & Coach @ Kaia FIT Sierra