Sometimes waking up to start a new week on a Monday morning can feel a little rushed. We've certainly been there! But over the years we've discovered that a little planning ahead of time can turn the weekday-morning hustle into something a little less stressful. Let's make the start of your weekday into something you actually look forward to!
One of the easiest ways to streamline your morning routine is the Grab & Go Breakfast. After the weekend, it's nice to get back to eating better and starting the morning with a lighter and healthier breakfast option sets you up for a successful day. Because fresh blueberries can usually be found year-round, these Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Cups are a yummy option and only take a few quick minutes to throw together. They have a slightly chewy texture and are sweetened with some honey and just a touch of brown sugar. They are perfect to grab and quickly out the door. Or if you are working from home and have a little extra time, warm them up and put them beside a little bit of your favorite Greek yogurt.
Store them in the refrigerator and they will be good for up to five days!
Here's the recipe!
- 3 C old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 C milk (can substitute Almond milk here)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 C honey
- 1-2 TBS brown sugar, depending on desired sweetness
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare a 12-count muffin pan with preferred non-stick method.
- Add oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to a large bowl. Mix until combined well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, milk, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. It will be a little wet- that's okay!
- Using a scoop, evenly distribute the mixture between all 12 muffin cups.
- Even distribute the blueberries into each muffin by gently pressing them into the top. (As an alternative, you can mix them into the mixture instead).
- Bake at 350° for 25-27 mins, or until the muffin tops are firm.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 5-10 mins.
- Remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.