Halloween is just around the corner! If being surrounded by all the sweet treats as it gets closer to the big day is a bit much, we’ve got a few tips to make it more bearable. A little planning and smart choices can make this Halloween full of fun instead of fear!
- Work out early. We’ve got a great workout for you below (or take a walk or do some stretches if you prefer to work out later in the day). Starting your day with some movement can provide the jumpstart and energy you need and keep you from grabbing a handful of candy for a boost late in the afternoon.
- Make a “candy” plan so you can enjoy a few Halloween treats without going overboard. Or swap candy corn for frozen grapes or that chocolate bar for apple slices and nut butter topped with dark chocolate chips. Remember, you don’t have to deprive yourself of all the goodies; instead, make good choices.
- Don’t hoard the leftovers! Some shelters and organizations like Operation Shoebox and Soldiers’ Angels will take leftover candy off your hands.
As you busily prepare for the day’s festivities and fun with the kids, why not treat yourself to a fun workout? All you need is a mat, water, and your body. Don’t do it alone—grab a friend or family member to join you!
Warm-up (3 Sets)
- 10 Monster Kicks
- 10 Walking Dead Lunges
- 10 Slimy Inchworms
- 10 Scary Squats
- 10 Jackknife Abs
- 10 Spine-Chilling Side Shuffles
- 30s Zombie Runs (Fast Feet)
Pumpkin Circuit (60s/45s/30s exercise)
- Pumpkin Push-Ups
- Pumpkin Power Bicycles
- Pumpkin Plank Froggers
- Pumpkin Plank Lateral Walks
60s Spine-Chilling Side Shuffle Touchdowns
- Pumpkin Plie Squats with Pulse
- Pumpkin Plank Jacks
- Pumpkin Pop Squats
- Pumpkin Plank Up/Downs
60s 10 Frightful Fast Feet to Dead Girl
Wicked AMRAP (Repeat for 8 Minutes)
- 20 Spooky Sit-Ups
- 10 Bootastic Burpees
- 20 Pumpkin Plank Hip Dips
- 10 Power Jack-O-Lanterns
- 20 Ghoulish Goblet Squats
Cool It Down: Finish your workout with a walk or run, and don’t forget to stretch it all out. Happy Halloween!