Summer may be over but that doesn’t mean that it is time to stop enjoying the outdoors. The chilly weather and shorter days may influence your family to give up outdoor activities. Establishing regular fall activities is important.
Here are a few activities to get you started:
- Apple/Pumpkin Picking: Skip the hayride and choose to walk. Picking healthy food and physical activity- it’s a win-win!
- Raking Leaves: This is a great family bonding activity. It is even more fun if everyone gets to jump into the pile afterwards!
- Hiking: Take a fall foliage hike
- Corn Maze:. Many pumpkin patches have corn mazes for wandering and exploring. Go get lost in a corn maze!
- Scavenger Hunt: Create a scavenger hunt for fall items like leaves, pinecones, acorns, and other objects.
- Football/Soccer: There is something about the crisp air that makes people think of football or soccer. So grab a football and head outside to play as a family. Just play catch, or kick the ball around and have some fun.
- Go fly a kite: Take the kids to a park and fly a kite.
- Run a 5k as a family. This time of the year is packed with 5k’s and shorter family races for charities.
So grab a jacket and head outdoors!