The health benefits of grapefruit is numerous and the taste is so refreshing. You can get a citrus juicer at Walmart for around $10-$20 and Costco sells big bags of grapefruits.
The health benefits:
- Weight loss
- Rich in Vitamin C
- Aids in bowel movements
- Promote digestion
- Reduce fever
- Protective against cold or flu
- Boosts your immune system
- Rich in calcium, folic acid, phosphorus, and potassium
- Regulates sugar levels in diabetics
- Promotes healthy sleep
- Helps to reduce water retention and swelling of the legs
If you grew up drinking grapefruit juice from a can then you need to run to the store and get yourself an inexpensive juicer and some grapefruit. Chill the grapefruit first- you will be glad you did, cold fresh grapefruit juice is the best!!
Recipe by Raw Chef Debra Garner
To learn more about the raw food diet and Debra’s services please visit her Facebook page