Summertime is here and so are events, vacations, and enjoying time with friends while the weather is nice. How does that make you feel? Nervous, excited, unsure? With summer events can come feelings of stress, nervousness, or just an uneasiness of not feeling like your best self. Let’s face it, this past winter was long and we may feel like venturing out of our home comes with a handful of its own stressors.
It’s time to change these feelings and walk into summer with your head held high and your confidence boosted! You can feel and look your best at all events this summer and all year long. Follow these tips to help you look and feel your best:
1. Start by meditating each day. The first and simplest thing to do is start each morning, before you look at your phone, before you start getting ready, close your eyes and take some deep breaths. Envision yourself at this event, vacation, gathering, etc., and visualize what it’s like. Put yourself in that event. What are you wearing? What does your face look like (happy, glowing, elegant)? Who are you talking to? Why are you there? Think about all of these things and envision your absolute best self at this event.
2. Skin care routines start today. If you don’t already have a solid skincare routine, that starts today. Particularly in the dry and warm summer months, you need a skincare routine that keeps your skin young, glowing, and moisturized. Not just for your face, but for your whole body. Use a dry exfoliator to remove dead skin and clear pores, prior to using your body or face wash. Be sure you are using a gentle cleanser. After washing, use serums, moisturizers, and creams to keep your skin feeling moisturized, which is the best way to prevent wrinkles. Eye creams are always a plus too, as the collagen around our eyes is the first to disappear as we age. Finally, if you are using any face oils, those always go on last, after cleansing and moisturizing.
3. Taking our supplements and drinking plenty of water. This may sound like an easy one, but it’s also an easy one to forget in the busy days of summer. Taking your supplements first thing in the morning after you’ve eaten breakfast is the best option. Always take your vitamins with a full glass of water and never on an empty stomach. Since it’s summer and we’re getting ready for an event, try adding a warm glass of lemon water to start your day, then a cold glass of water as you take your vitamins.
4. Stabilizing your gut health. Your gut is the culprit for a lot of the negative things in your life. Bloat, stress, aging, fatigue, and so much more. Starting with getting your gut health and keeping it healthy will be the best thing in making you feel your best at your event or just in general. To do this, find a probiotic that works for you, and eat foods that are good for your gut. Eating high-fiber fruits and vegetables like raspberries, broccoli, chickpeas, artichokes, bananas, and apples; eating fermented foods like yogurt, kimchi, and sauerkraut; and cutting out foods high in sugar.
5. Working out every day. Working out each day in the summer is not only going to help you get in shape, but it’s going to make you feel better. Summer is packed with activities and you may find yourself asking when you have time, but you need to make time! Even if it’s just a half-hour walk or yoga before bed, make sure you are getting something in each day. Trust me, start daily workouts today, and by the time your event is here, you will feel so much better! Kaia FIT offers in-person, live stream, and on-demand classes so you never have to miss a workout all summer long!
6. Think happy thoughts. Positivity is so contagious. Being happy and positive about life around you is the number one way to add a permanent smile to your face. Find the good in all that you do start right now. Say something nice to someone, help someone out who is having a bad day, be a good friend/neighbor/sister, and do everything with a smile! The more positive and happy you are, the more positive and happy those around you will be. Then, when it’s time for the summer event you’re getting ready for, you will have a permanent smile and an everlasting glow that people will flock to!
7. Don’t be nervous. Being nervous just means that you are thinking about yourself. What are you nervous about? Seeing old friends, or a speech you are making in front of a lot of people? Turn those thoughts around. Find confidence in yourself and focus your attention on others. Think of how happy you are to see your friends and think of how happy others are going to be after you make your speech. Think of how beautiful everyone around you is going to look, and not whether or not you will look beautiful. Change your perspective and the nerves will disappear.
You are beautiful! Now, say it to yourself, and say it again and again! Say it each day! You will feel and look like your best self before any event, this summer, or any time of year. Focus on yourself starting now. Be happy in everything that you do, the other stuff is just extra. Try not to compare yourself to others. Comparison is the thief of joy. Find beauty and fun in all that you do and be a good person. Your happiness will then come naturally. Your event will be absolutely amazing and so will you!