If you live a busy, stressful life then you should try my Cacao, Maca Elixir. Maca is considered an “adaptogen”, a name given to certain herbs, plants, and natural substances that help the body naturally adapt to stressors like a busy schedule, demanding job, or illness, for example.
Nutrition Facts of Maca:
- Over 20 amino acids, including 8 essential amino acids
- 20 free-form fatty acids (such as lauric, linolenic, palmitic acid, oleic , and steric acid)
- Vitamins B-1, B-2, C and E
Maca is also a rich source of phytonutrients.
Benefits of Maca:
- Mood and hormone balance
- Skin health
- General health and disease prevention
- Physical and mental energy
- Menstrual issues and menopause
- Sexual function, libido, and fertility
- Antioxidant booster
Benefits of Raw Cacao:
- 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries
- Highest plant-based source of iron
- Full of magnesium
- More calcium than cow’s milk
- A natural mood elevator and anti-depressant
The base of this elixer is fresh homemade almond milk. There is nothing better than a cold glass of homemade almond milk. Here is a great video on how to make almond milk, I use 3 cups of water in the blending process- and it doesn’t effect the flavor- all nut milks are made the same way- 1 cup nuts, 3 cups water. This is my favorite nut milk bag.
To make elixer:
2 cups cold almond milk
2 tbsp raw cacao powder
2 tsp maca powder
3-5 Medjool dates
Put all ingredients into blender- start with 3 dates and see if it is sweet enough. Add more if needed. Drink right away.
Recipe by Raw Chef Debra Garner
To learn more about the raw food diet and Debra’s services please visit her Facebook page. She is offering a 30 day raw vegan/plant based eating coaching program. Message her via her Facebook page for more info.