9 Tips to Get Back On Your Resolution Train
Well January has come and gone, “A New Year, A New You!” Isn’t this what we say every year along with making either the same resolutions from the year before or new ones? Are you HONESTLY sticking with them? We are a month or so into 2019, so. here are you with your resolutions?
Take a deep BREATH…..inhale and exhale…..it’s going to be alright. You’re HUMAN! You’re allowed to fall off the resolution wagon. There is ENOUGH pressure on us in our everyday living- so why add more pressure????
Now let’s just K.I.S.S= Keep It Simple Sister
1. Take a deep breath, again…..Yes, again.
2. Accept where you are: Self acceptance is so important- it allows you to affirm your strengths and weaknesses.
3. Begin from a place of non-judgment and if you do have any negative thoughts/judgment about yourself well then “SNAP YOUR BAND.” During BRIK @kaiafit we wear these BRIK wristbands around our wrists and if we have any negative thoughts or hear someone say out loud a negative thought we tell them to “Snap their band” or we snap our own.
4. Tackle one small goal at a time: maybe it’s drinking warm lemon water in the morning, putting down the phone at a certain hour, going to the gym 3-6 times a week, doing a walk/run event once a month, meditating or journaling. You know it doesn’t necessarily have to be about losing weight and or inches. It can be anything your little heart desires. But, you do have to start with one and tackle it and move onto the next. Maybe it takes you a couple months- but Hey, you’re trying and doing it!
5. Track your effort: For some of us, having a calendar, poster board, task note in our phone or stickies helps to see that little reminder that needs to be tackled daily.
6. Don’t go at it alone: Stay motivated and accountable with likeminded, positive people. Share your resolutions- you NEVER know who you may INSPIRE and heck they just might join you.
7. Inhale….Exhale….You Got This!
8. Celebrate Success: That’s right! Go treat yourself to a pedicure, movie, book or favorite restaurant.
9. If you fall off the wagon…..it’s okay. All you have to do is just hit the reset button and start again. By the way, who said you couldn’t start again? Remember, you have enough to deal with in your everyday LIFE.
Most importantly, just because it works for one person doesn’t necessarily mean it will work for you.
Find What Works For You!
Don’t Beat Yourself Up!
You can ALWAYS start over!
Be Gentle, Be Kind, Be Honest, Be True, Be Real, Be YOU! ❤️