It’s the end of BRIK, we have one week to go! This last week we can lose up to TWO pounds of FAT. Let’s hit detox week hard and review some essential tips to help us stay strong & fight for FIT!
- 1. Drink more than you eat. Give your digestion a rest by making as many meals as possible liquid. Consume your protein from your Green Smoothies whenever possible.
- 2. Have a meal every 4-6 hours: Set a clock and don’t eat your next meal until 4 hours have passed. This is essential for weight loss because we have to get the hormone insulin down since it plays a role in storing fat. Don’t go longer than 6 hours or it will put stress on your body. The exception to this rule is dinner. If you don’t feel like eating dinner, feel free to go straight to bed.
- 3. Have your last meal at least 3 hours before bed: Try to go to bed by 9 or 10 pm, this helps toxin elimination and weight loss.
- 4. Sleep: Getting the proper 6-8 hours of sleep is absolutely essential for proper health, repair and proper toxin elimination. Do not deprive yourself of the sleep you need.
- 5. Get your sweat on with Kaia: Exercise is essential for weight loss, self-confidence & vitality. Your Kaia workouts should be non-negotiable.
- 6. Drink in between meals: If you think you need a snack, think beverage. You are probably stressed, anxious, bored, lonely, tired, etc. A cup of Green Tea, a Kaia Kocktail or a green drink. (DRINK WATER…150 pound women should drink 75oz a day)
- 7. Let go of food and weight obsession: Know what and when you will eat or drink and then let go of eating outside that “box.” Do not allow yourself to think about food, your weight, what you are “missing” or how you will “indulge” when you’re done. Stay in the present moment, it’s the only one you have. You have control over the second thought. Don’t stay in negativity.
- 8. No matter what, don’t eat over it! There is absolutely no problem or celebration that warrants breaking your detox. Food will never make the real experience better. Concentrate on your relationships with people during this time and not on the food that surrounds them. Watch what blooms in your life.
- 9. Make sure that you are getting the nutrients that you need for a healthy nervous system! Your nutritional status can make all the difference in the world. Proper nutrition helps you feel less hungry and more satisfied with healthy foods. Eating a well balanced and nutrient-dense diet is very important but this week remember to take you vitamins and ensure adequate intake of B Vitamins, Vitamin D, Omega-3’s and probiotics.
- 10. Increase your daily intake of natural diuretics. These are foods that increase the speed at which fluids pass through your body to help you de-bloat. Natural diuretics include cucumbers, asparagus, lemon, green tea, and any foods with a higher concentration of magnesium, potassium, vitamin C. Tip: Try adding cucumber to our Kaia Kocktails.